P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: please comment on my playing - Precious cross - C-mel saxophone

Default please comment on my playing - Precious cross - C-mel saxophone

Hi,

I played this in church with a c-mel. Any constructive comment (good or bad) is very welcome.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8853173

thanks
    First you need to learn the tendancies of your instrument, learn how to adjust and over time it becomes integrated.
    Fill the horn up with air. Not necessarily louder but simply with a fuller sound.

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2014

Default Re: please comment on my playing - Precious cross - C-mel saxophone

I love the C melody, I'm glad someone is playing it out there! Here's my number one constructive criticism of the performance... Work on your pitch.. I recommend singing with a drone so you can learn what it feels like in your body and throat to sing and "hear" and "be" in tune. You can't use a tuner to learn this...

Hi SaxophoneDaniel, I enjoyed it and love the tone of the C melody saxophone, I am glad more people are now playing it. As I am not a saxophone player myself (I write music for saxophone) I will not comment on the playing, I will leave that to the numerous experienced players on this forum.

Two things:
    1) As Ian said, work on your pitch.
    2) Fill the horn up with air. Not necessarily louder but simply with a fuller sound. Could add a bit of vibrato too.

The main thing is: keep on playing.
    Selmer Mark VI Tenor (74xxx) with Otto Link STM 6*, Francois Louis Ultimate ligature, Rico Jazz Select 3M filed,Selmer Mark VII Alto with vintage C*, Rico Reserve Classic 3,
    Buescher TT Soprano (1924), Selmer S80 D, Hemke 3, plus Selmer clarinet, Gemeinhardt Flute and Piccolo

I love how encouraging and constructive people are on this forum. It's great to be part of this kind of positivity. I think Ian's comments were on the mark and I applaud you for asking for criticism.
    Good music starts in high school