P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: Who or what is Shop Airlines Ltd?

Default Who or what is Shop Airlines Ltd?

My auction ended this morning & I got the following message from the "buyer" (but no payment, as of yet. I've sent an invoice, btw)

Who is Shop Airlines Ltd? All I can figure out is it's a company that bids in the US for Japanese buyers, then collects the stuff in Calif., then ships it off to Japan?

Are they real? IS this "on-the-level"?

Anyone know anything??

"Hello, we are the high bidder on your auction. We make a payment after the auction ends but allow us 2-3 business days for the orders on weekends. Please do not include any bonus item that isn't on the description as we will have to discard it.
    It would be a great help if you could write all the eBay item numbers on the package/shipping label. Also if you have an extra time, please go to the URL at the bottom of this message and provide the shipping information. After completing the form on the URL, you will receive a positive feedback. If you cannot access to the URL, simply send us the tracking information through eBay message or PayPal. Please bear in mind our follow-up messages will be sent automatically until we receive the shipping information through the URL or until we receive the item.

Best Regards, Shop Airlines Ltd. Official Partner of eBay"

Forum Contributor 2013
    Distinguished SOTW Member

Default Re: Who or what is Shop Airlines Ltd?

I've had them bid on a few of my things. They haven't won anything yet. Here's a link that might help.

http://answercenter.qa.ebay.com/thre...=1248868906674

Distinguished SOTW member/Official SOTW Sister bandmommy's Avatar

I don't know... That message sounds a little hinky to me.
    Have you looked at the form to see if they want more information other than shipping?

It may just be me, but my scam radar is going off.
    Old reed players are like fine wine. They only get better with age. Tom Hagen

Play the Music, not the instrument.

Forum Contributor 2013

I ship to these kind of buyers all the time. They do bid on behalf of Japanese bidders and they pay through paypal and you as the seller are usually protected.

Forum Contributor 2010 & Distinguished SOTW Member qwerty's Avatar

I have sold this buyer before. No different than any other ebay sale.
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. -- F.Z.

Forum Contributor 2014

Shop airlines is totally legit.

They have bought from me a bunch of times and they always come through.

It takes them a couple days usually to pay...but they have always paid.

No worries here...they are very good to deal with.

ditto what 10M said. Sold to them a few times before. Payment can be a little slow in coming, but I've always gotten it eventually.

Forum Contributor 2012

I can see where it'd be a turnoff...I mean....being the SELLER...and receiving instructions from the BUYER to go to this or that website and fill in information (?)

My first reaction would be....'oh, thank you...and screw off, why did you bid on my item ?"

But all in all, I guess all they are really asking for is tracking information.

I am glad I always require immediate payment..... or payment w/i 24 hours of auction close. I gotta say, if they are a specialty 'operation' of the kind y'all are talking about....they should be able to turn around payment quickly, IMHO.

But I wouldn't worry about it, BO....

I have also had experience with them, about 5 times. One time they canceled (after they won) but I asked if they would pay the listing fee because I couldn't recover that through the eBay rules, and after a few emails they agreed.
    Releasing a New Sound! www.cewinds.com
    CE Winds Featured Artists John Michalak, Carl Cox, Jacin Nagao, Evan Dowling, Mike Smith (UK), Mike Gibilisco, Craig Christman, James Archer, Jeff Frazier, , Phil French, Daniel Klimoski, Jason Thompson, Isaiah Katumwa (Africa)

TK Melody Endorser/
    Forum Contributor 2013

I have had perfect transactions with this buyer. I recommend them highly. B
    “We are what we repeatedly do.
    Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.”
    ~Aristotle

Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician Grumps's Avatar

Yeah, I once sold a horn to a similar operation, if not the same one renamed, with no problem whatsoever. A couple years ago a few folks reported trouble in dealing with such third party buyers when the real buyer overseas would try to get credit back from the sale when unsatisfied. That's where you can run into problems. I think someone else's deal got held up, but they forgot to put the auction number on the box as requested. Make certain to do that though, as the third party buyer will leave the item in the same packaging when they ship it overseas.

Forum Contributor 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Grumps View Post
    A couple years ago a few folks reported trouble in dealing with such third party buyers when the real buyer overseas would try to get credit back from the sale when unsatisfied. That's where you can run into problems.

aaaaaah....interesting thing to consider.......so, their buyer comes back at THEM with a complaint, and they they try to recoup some $ from YOU.....

hmmmmm...............

Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009 Budget Explosion's Avatar

also, some of the japanese and korean middlemen are bad at leaving feedback. With some, you'll see that they've received 1000 feedbacks but given out only 200 feedbacks. I find this annoying esp. when they have a lot of shipping and packaging instructions.
    http://combatjazz.bandcamp.com/

Selmer Mark VI Tenor Sax, Morgan mouthpiece