Thanks a lot, Harry - and congrats, the new software looks and feels great, and I really like the top-level forum controls for managing views - I didn't find them in the old forum (hadn't looked very hard, either - probably my fault), now they're there, just on top where they ought to be, and everything is working just right! I hope it'll stay that way.
ss: King (H. N. White, curved); Bauhaus Walstein Bronze AI (straight); Mantovanelli (an Orsi stencil, straight).
as: King Super 20 SilverSonic; Yanagisawa A-6; Selmer SuperAction 80 II; Lyrist "Briard"; Yamaha YAS-25; Jupiter JAS-769-767.
ts: Yanagisawa T-500; Cannonball T5; Conn 10M.
bs: Conn 12M; Yanagisawa B-6; Keilwerth The New King.
=> Support Free Software! <=
I found some problems with the new layout.
- The quick reply now has much smaller fonts, much smaller than their real size in posts i.e. if enlarging font size they would be bigger than normal in the posts. Same when editing a post.
- The huge dark block at the top where the banners are looks terrible.
- Generally posts seem to take a lot more space, possibly a big gap between the end of posts and signatures. This is only in many posts but not all.
- I see a lot of Xs instead of thumbnails/icons. I started having this problem on another website too, but that was before the SOTW upgrade and the old SOTW was fine. It doesn't happen on any other websites though.
- The colours are a problem and especially for me since I'm colourblind. Most websites consider colourblinds in their design and actually it is pretty rare to find a website that is a problem. Especially some things in comparison with the background or with themsevles e.g. the icon for new posts vs. no new posts. IMO there are a lot of problems with this issue.
- When coming to the website when not logged on, the "keep me connected" (or whatever it's called, I forgot) check square is right on one of the banners.
Harri, was so hard times this couple days without the forum, and finally you do it again.
Nice job! The SOTW forum is even better!
Apparently "User CP" is called "Settings" now.
Refacing videos at: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Mojobari
Check out: http://www.MojoMouthpieceWork.com
However, where are the great search functions that were added last year? Originally at the top of each page there was a button to search the entire forum for any subject directly from any page, as well as a search of the particular thread. Then last year because the search function didn't really work, Hari added the search of the forum using Google. I have looked everywhere but can now only find a button to search the particular thread you are on Where is the entire forum search (especially through Google) hidden now? Have I missed seeing it? Can you bring it back to the top of each page? Please? It was extremely useful.
One other problem has to do with the email notifications I have received since the update. In some of them--inexplicably not all of them--the link to the recently posted message takes me to the first page of the thread and not the last page, even when the post is the most recent one. On a thread with dozens of pages this gets to be annoying especially since it never happened before. Could it be a bug that needs to be fixed?
Music is a magic elixir. It renews the spirit and fills the soul with joy -- Jazz Is All
"It's all about the spirit. The body will be gone in a blink, but the spirit never dies. That is jazz." -- Sonny Rollins
One thing that was crutial for my in the old forum, was that it was very easy to scan down the list of new posts for the forum on the right side of the screen so I could go to posts that I was interested in. Now, the forum name is under the post title and is not easy to scan. This makes it much harder to find posts I want to read.
Jorns Bergenson - Raised in the great nation of Texas. Folks call me "JB".
Boy I had started to get the shakes as I was detoxing...so nice to see us upand running again.....thanks for a great site Harri
" Healthy people dont need a doctor-sick people do "