Sax on the Web Forum banner

You couldn't make it up!

7K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  Tryptykon 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Pretty wild. Larry is a VERY accomplished player although he is rarely in any mode that resembles swing and other familiar aspects of popular jazz. I've heard him many times mostly with ROVA. I guess the poor guy had other expectations and a delicate psyche.

#6 ·
I'm looking at it another way. Music is powerful sorcery at times. Larry is a master player in some out realms. He can stir some S**t up at a psychic level with some of this stuff. This guy might have reacted the way some epileptic seizures are induced by intense video images.

Or he might have been a drama queen...

#7 ·
A valid point to consider.

When Neil Young played with Buffalo Springfield the stage lights would
routinely cause him to have epileptic seizures, and he would fall down
during the concerts into convulsions .

That's how he acquired the nickname 'Shakey' .

But I think this other guy is a drama queen .

#13 ·
Definately Avante-Garde! I could see how it could **** off someone, but it's kind of designed to! If ya don't like it, spend that time on the restroom! I do admit though, that this style is much more fun to play, then to actually listen to at times :D .

And another one, w/a little more structure, and a painter :D .

#21 ·
No. all his stuff is done in Britan with him telling the arrangers what he wants. Been at it for over 45 years now. A very enigmatic cat who had hits under the name the Walker Brothers/ Never cared about anything but making his own records the way he wants to. Its a werid obsession of mine. He's like a crooner from an alternate universe.

#22 ·
No. all his stuff is done in Britan with him telling the arrangers what he wants. Been at it for over 45 years now. A very enigmatic cat who had hits under the name the Walker Brothers/ Never cared about anything but making his own records the way he wants to. Its a werid obsession of mine. He's like a crooner from an alternate universe.
OK, now this rings a bell - I have some back issues of MOJO and I think
I have run across him before, but this is the first time I've heard him .

I especially like the bit about him making records the way he wants to.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.