P Mauriat
Antigua Winds
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: video: Me jamming on the street and being stopped by the Police ;-)

Distinguished SOTW Member Seasax's Avatar

Default Re: video: Me jamming on the street and being stopped by the Police ;-)

hahaha segway!
    sorry to see it got broken up man, awesome setting and absolutely sick pianist! its so cool that he took an upright with him, sounded great in that open space.
    Conn "27 Chu
    ---- zinner adjustatone mpc,

.. and yet another thank you for posting ! Nice jamming going.

Why dont you start a series of Utube vids re jamming in the squares of Europe ?

W.

Distinguished SOTW Member ratracer's Avatar

Another thanks. That was some nice jamming. Schweeet duet you had going there.

(The officer was a 'bone player, eh? Just jealous.)

Quote Originally Posted by ratracer View Post
    (The officer was a 'bone player, eh? .)
    WOW!...nice one![hilarious!]

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2013

Quote Originally Posted by rjsaxman View Post
    Bah, I hate it when that happens. That once happened to me in my hometown--I was out there with my saxophone minding my own business, when a police officer told me I had to go because "begging is illegal here."
    But officer I am not begging I am giving. (While you and I know... you are on the take) Here have five bucks.

Forum Contributor 2013

Ok I am asking for five point!

As a libertarian, I think a sax player should be allowed to play on a public square. With or without a piano on wheels. And as a libertarian, I think the sax player should be left in peace by the police.

That piano player though.......

Hell I'll take his five points too.

Please report me!

Distinguished SOTW Member ratracer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tenortones View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ratracer View Post
    (The officer was a 'bone player, eh? .)
    WOW!...nice one![hilarious!]
    Whaa??
    Just a BFO to me!

(Blinding Flash of the Obvious!)

I wish people could jam out on the street here. I dont know what the rules are here but you never see anyone doing it. That looked like so much fun.

Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008 The A Train's Avatar

Since he hasn't responded to the questions and hasn't been on here since the day of his original post in Sept. I guess they put him in jail.

Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010 DaddyRabbit's Avatar

Fantastic venue! And great performance. I was digging it! Kudos.
    "Everything that is really great and inspiring
    is created by the individual who can labor in freedom."
    -Albert Einstein

Distinguished SOTW Member CarlHeanerd's Avatar

What a beautiful location! I love the music you were making, nice jam you had going on, and with a hardcore pianist to boot Way to lug the upright around Nice haha. This kinda stuff really makes me happy though, seeing the people forget their troubles for a moment just to have a listen to some good music. Screw that cop, go back there and play again, haha!
    Soprano: Selmer Series II • Vandoren S27 + Traditional 3.5
    Alto: Selmer Series II • Vandoren AL3 + Traditional 3.5

Tenor: Barone Vintage • Selmer S90 170 + Traditional 3.5

Baritone: Selmer Series II • Selmer S80 C** + Traditional 3.5
    "Respect the air."

Forum Contributor 2013

Quote Originally Posted by The A Train View Post
    Since he hasn't responded to the questions and hasn't been on here since the day of his original post in Sept. I guess they put him in jail.
    Don't worry, A Train... nobody reads my posts either.
    "Zoot" would a good name for a kid...

Forum Contributor 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jrvinson45 View Post
    I wouldn't count on that.
    Be cool, be kind, and be well.

Ah man, that was great.

I'm sorry dude, you were great, but my shout goes out to the piano player. Who knew the french were keeping stride piano alive so well?

Quote Originally Posted by ten man View Post
    do you have to get "permission" before you do something there? or is it just off limits period?
    Yes, you need a permit for everything here in Europe. But it depends on the city rules how strict they really are.
    Grassi low A bari (1976) Meyer 9M / Martin "The Martin" tenor (1951), OL vintage Tone Edge #7
    Martin "Indiana" alto (1954), Meyer 6M / Buffet Crampon "Continentale" Bb clarinet (1972), Vandoren V360

And i thought america was the only place that police have nothing better to do then ruin harmless fun...

Good session man, pretty random running into a guy with a piano though lol. Sounded sweet!

I agree with nef... What if he gets a gig with stairs! lol

Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008 The A Train's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LampLight View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jrvinson45 View Post
    I wouldn't count on that.

Hahaha..nice! Well if nothing else it served as a bump and more got to see the video and how true Lamplight, I've been reprimanded more than once..

further video evidence that Segways do not help burn calories and promote good fitness.
    1952 The Martin Tenor Silver - RPC 110R
    1928 Buescher TT Soprano (straight) - Selmer Super Session H

The Corsicans Website
    My Solo Website

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12