Keilwerth ST90 Tenor or Yamaha YTS275 Tenor and WHY?
As I have never played the Sax before, I would like some advice from people that have been through the same dilemmas...
I have read through the threads on JK ST90 and Yamaha YTS275 and it seems that neither of the 2 are made in their country of origin but instead in Taiwan and Indonesia.
I understand that both JK and Yamaha have to do this to bring the price down on student models.
I am concerned though about the quality...
My questions are:
1. Even if I can afford and I'm willing to spend on something more expensive should I stick to the student models? And if so which one of the two?
2. What is the playing life on a student model? How soon after I start will I have to invest on an intermediate model?
3. Is starting on a more expensive horn a wise choice or will it be hard to learn on?
4. Is the Key-placement the same on student, intermediate and pro or is it all about the sound? What separates the 3 besides the quality of the workmanship?
5. People say to test the different horns to establish which one is the most suitable to my likings. How can I do that when I can't play yet? Would it be a good idea to get someone else (that knows how to play) to play on them and based on the sound I like to choose one?
I hope I'm not asking for too much but I'm really confused.
Thanking you in advance!