P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: alto saxaphone problems

Default alto saxaphone problems

I purchased a black nickle sax from phil barone....I sent it in for repairs and he resold it....I was told it was beyond repair. He said he would replace it, its been 5 months. any one else have problems....

Default Re: alto saxaphone problems

saxOphone is your first problem....

Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010 harmonizerNJ's Avatar

I am assuming you meant that you resent the alto sax back to Phil Barone, for him to repair it. Have you called him? He posts his phone number in his posts here.

No I didn't resend the sax, I sent it to his repair man, the repair person said it was bad and sent it to Phil, Phil then sold it to another party and hasn't replaced it or refunded my $$ I have tried to make contact, nothing.....

Why is this posted in "History"?

Seems like there is more to this story. How do you know he sold it? What was wrong with the horn? Was the horn resold as new or as damaged? Is the delay due to waiting for a horn the same as yours to be made?

You need to talk to Phil.
    Go for The Tone,

g

"When you are doing well, don't forget to do good." - Sichan Siv.

Distinguished SOTW Member
    Forum Contributor 2012

Quote Originally Posted by rmoriarity View Post
    I purchased a black nickle sax from phil barone....I sent it in for repairs and he resold it....I was told it was beyond repair. He said he would replace it, its been 5 months. any one else have problems....
    Hmmmmm . . . one day after two "dirty laundry" threads from Mike Crouch were pulled, you join up and post this as your first communication on the forum?

I just read the alt.music.sax thread that Gary provided a link for in another thread. Please don't tell me it's now starting here.

Frankly, calling or emailing the business I had a problem with would be my first course of action, not joining an internet forum to ask a bunch of strangers about it. If this is a legitimate complaint you have, please call Phil up right now and discuss the matter with him. I'm sure he'll provide an explanation and take care of it for you. He really is a stand-up guy.

Buck

Dammit now you've made me go to alt.music.sax, is there any way I can cleanse my mind of that stuff?

Also, don't google image search "phil barone"...

The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum Contributor 2014 gary's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Laughlin View Post
    Hmmmmm . . . one day after two "dirty laundry" threads from Mike Crouch were pulled, you join up and post this as your first communication on the forum?

Frankly, calling or emailing the business I had a problem with would be my first course of action, not joining an internet forum to ask a bunch of strangers about it.
    I noticed that the new member doesn't have an "about me"" tab in his public profile section also.
    Are we being . . . saxgourmed ?

TK Melody UL soprano
    Selmer S80 Serie II alto
    Julius Keilwerth SX90R tenor

Forum Contributor 2012

Quote Originally Posted by gary View Post

Frankly, calling or emailing the business I had a problem with would be my first course of action, not joining an internet forum to ask a bunch of strangers about it.
    I noticed that the new member doesn't have an "about me"" tab in his public profile section also.
    Are we being . . . saxgourmed ?
    Since he's new to the forum, I'm not sure how he got involved with Phil to begin with, but I sent the new member Phil's phone number, since Phil's signature line was not appearing. We'll see . . .

Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician Grumps's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr G View Post
    Perhaps he's a professor...

Forum Contributor 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Grumps View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr G View Post
    Perhaps he's a professor...
    Sherlock Holmes's nemesis was Professor Moriarty . . .

I guess I'm suspicious by nature, but the screen name -- first initital plus last name, all lower case letters, no punctuation -- is similar in style to another person's screen name we've seen recently.

The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum Contributor 2014 gary's Avatar

Since he's new to the forum, I'm not sure how he got involved with Phil to begin with...

I guess I'm suspicious by nature, but the screen name -- first initital plus last name, all lower case letters, no punctuation -- is similar in style to another person's screen name we've seen recently..
    Uh - does Phil only reside within these walls?

Regarding the signature format, that's hardly a unique form.

TK Melody UL soprano
    Selmer S80 Serie II alto
    Julius Keilwerth SX90R tenor

Exclamation Re: alto saxaphone problems

If the new OP is sincere (I see we all have some suspicions where this is concerned), I'd advise you to go through the proper channels to attempt to resolve this offline before airing it here.
    Mike S.
    SOTW Administrator/Staff