Sax on the Web Forum banner

Case for Super 20 Tenor

5K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  ChiTownJazz80 
#1 ·
I have an early Eastlake Super 20 Tenor, and am looking for a new case, does anybody know which it would fit? I have heard conflicting views about whether or not it would fit in a Hiscox. I know that Pro Tec make an XL model for vintage horns - has anybody got any experience of this? I also Know that Jakob Winter do a Green LinE case that's big enough for a Keilwerth SX/Shadow, does anybody know if it would fit in that? I'm also open to any other suggestions!
Cheers,
Trev

#2 ·
I have an early Silversonic and use a Keilworth gig bag. It fits it perfectly. I have a separate "luggage style" rack and set of wheels that I attach on to the case with a bungee cord. I can roll it down a long hallway, across a large room or on smooth pavement with no problem.

#7 ·
Cheers for the replies fellas, Squeak and Shmueljosef, what model of Hiscox are we talking about (I don't know if they all have the same interior dimensions) - I seem to recall reading somewhere that it would fit in a Hiscox only if the case was 'modified'. I'd prefer the Hiscox, if for no other reason than it's a few quid cheaper than the others that I was looking at:)

#12 ·
I use a P Mauriat gig case and it fits my S20 tenor well - as it does my Buffet SDA. By the same token, the S20 also fits the hard case of the SDA and vice-versa.

#18 ·
I currently own a Super 20 tenor (which I am unfortunately selling to help out my family) and found a great earlier Super 20 case (late 40s/early 50s) on ebay. If you have not bought one yet I'd say keep your eyes peeled for some deals on ebay. You never know what will show up.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't see you had already found one. I guess I'll just leave this post here in case the question comes up again. If it does I'm sure somebody will direct them to this thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.