Sax on the Web Forum banner

Purchasing full rights for song tracks...

4K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  dohertyjazz 
#1 ·
I am thinking about doing this but have not before. I would like to have my own song to do what I will with it and play over and tweak however I please as a project (my first like this) Anyone know what I can do to protect myself during the purchase? Or what legal forms and agreement docs should be used? How can I know for sure the tracks I'm purchasing are legit and actually owned by the seller? Any advice would be appreciated. Anyone want to PM me with refferals? Who are the companies or individuals that will take care of things the best? Any good or bad experiences?

#2 ·
I'm not really clear if you mean 'my own song' as in something you have written or not. But, if you have written a tune, it's yours to do as you wish.

If you are thinking about buying the rights to someone elses tune, that's a whole different issue and there are ways to do that but depending on the tune and artist, could be very expensive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.