Sax on the Web Forum banner

Clarence Clemons

42K views 87 replies 45 participants last post by  14470 
#1 ·
Yes, I have been taking a stroll down memory lane ;-)

I was looking for a tape last night and came across one I haven't had in the player in quite a while. Clarence Clemons and the Red Bank Rockers... Have this one on vinyl.

Popped the tape in on the way to work this morning, and it got my engine going, Raw, gritty, raucuous rock and roll....Clarence adding is unique tenor to these fantastic tunes.

Made me remember seeing the band once on Alan Thicke's late night talk show, can't remember the name, but they did Rock and Roll DJ, it was getting some airplay at the time. Another on this tape was from the Michael Stanley Band, 3 or four tunes off that album were graced with the Big man's tenor. One rose well on the charts, with Kevin Raliegh singing lead.... He Can't Love You.

for a sampling http://rockin_sax.tripod.com/Clemons.html

#88 ·
Someone might have commented on this in the parallel RIP thread for CC but it really belongs to the living, so please forgive if this reiterates another post. I am reading "BIG MAN - Real Life & Tall Tales" by Clarence Clemons & Don Reo. It is an absolute blast. Given the modest number of pages and the big font size, the book should be a quick read. The "problem" is, however, that the book is so darn funny that it actually reads rather slowly because you take so many brakes to laugh. I can highly recommend it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.