Antigua Winds
AW Reeds

Default Yoshimatsu cyber bird??????

Hey......
    so does anyone know where i can find the sheet music for this??? i know there have been many forums about this but i haven't gotten a definitive answer from any of them.
    Thanks in advance!!!

Portlandsax
    UMN '13
    Alto: Yamaha YAS-875 Eugene Rousseau 4R

Default Re: Yoshimatsu cyber bird??????

The concerto is available for rent here.

look for SAIBABADO (saxophone concerto).

There's also a piano reduction available to order. But apparently it is a very bad one and Yoshimatsu didn't know about this version for quite some time. You're able to find more information about how to order this version in this forum.

oh so you cant purchase it????
    DARN!

oh well... Thanks!
    UMN '13
    Alto: Yamaha YAS-875 Eugene Rousseau 4R

actually you can buy it, but as was said, it's not the greatest version. But if you're using it for concerto competitions it should be adequate. Check older postings for the information concerning this. that's how I got it.
    Adjunct Professor of Saxophone and Music History Lecturer, Georgian Court University
    Saxophone Ensemble and Saxophone Choir Director, Youth Orchestra of Central Jersey
    www.jordanpsmith.com

I think all he really wants to get is the solo part.

Sugarsax35

Hmm. I was pretty sure I did post a definitive reply in that last forum.

As these guys have said, there is a sax and piano reduction available. However, it is full of incorrect rhythms and the piano part is horrendous. It specifically states on the piano part that it should never be used for public performance (for very good reasons).

Yoshimatsu was unaware of this edition as it was arranged (incorrectly) and printed without his knowledge. I brought this edition to Sugawa to show him the mistakes, and he informed me he would speak with Yoshimatsu about this.

I have no news since then, but I assume Yoshimatsu was very upset to learn of this edition.

Keeping all that in mind, if you choose to go ahead and purchase that edition, it should be more than adequate for the learning the saxophone part if you spend some time studying Sugawa's recordings.

Just be warned that the piano part is awful! This piece was not meant to be played in reduction and will not be nearly as effective if performed that way.

I think you would need 2 pianos (at least!) and percussion to create an authentic reduction.

Best,

Sugarsax

Distinguished Member

Someone should add percussion to Fuzzy Bird. That silence in the beginning should be exactly like the concerto in my opinion......
    http://www.manaquartet.com
    baritone saxophonist, Mana Quartet
    soprano saxophonist, Project Fusion

Quote Originally Posted by Arctus View Post
    The concerto is available for rent here.

look for SAIBABADO (saxophone concerto).

There's also a piano reduction available to order. But apparently it is a very bad one and Yoshimatsu didn't know about this version for quite some time. You're able to find more information about how to order this version in this forum.

He your link doesn't work, do you have another for me?

thanks a lot.. greetings