P Mauriat
Antigua Winds

Thread: Best places to buy saxes!

Smile Best places to buy saxes!

I just found this australian site that is great i got a yamaha 62II for 1300$ with 100$ in 10 days and it came in just as good as any other american site.
    btw they shipped from australia to me in california The site is
    ozwinds.com.au

Default Re: Best places to buy saxes!

Yep! If you are in the USA best to buy from Australia at the moment. The AUD = .70 USD.
    1,300.00 AUD = 918.209 USD

Yes! I'm jealous!!
    Thoughts create realities.
    Yani 1983 500 Series Tenor,#4 Yani MPC, YAS-275 Yani #5, Yamaha YCL 26 Clarinet, Selmer MPC, Yamaha 221 Flute

The Ozwinds site has been around for ages but has recently had a re-vamp and become very competative on cost, even for our Aussie pasos.

Forum Contributor 2009

sopranolover: was this new or used? I just visted the site and and at checkout it Quoted me $1700 PM me please. Mayho
    The same Sax that will make you laugh, will make you cry!
    Yanagisawa S901, Soprano Planet Missing link.

On january first all yamaha saxophones jumped up by about 15% in cost because of the huge fall in the exchange rate. The reason you were qouted more might have been that soprano lover bought his yas-62II before the price rise and you were quoted afterward the price rise.

Still I reckon $1700 is a great price for a 62II.

Congrats soprano lover on the great bargin.

wow they do have some good prices.
    i might get something from there
    Alto: cannonball big bell series, silver plated. vandoren AL3 with vandoren 3.5's or stock cannonball with jazz selects Soprano "maxtone", vandoren AL3 vandoren 3'sClarinet: 1950's buffet r13, vandoren b45, vandoren 3.5's
    flute: miyazawa 202, 9mz headjoint. piccolo: emerson boston legacy with keefe headjoint.

weird
    a pearl piccolo and a yamaha 62 cost the same.....$954.10 and $982.43 vs.(fluteworld) $995.00 and $1,699.00

wow...
    Alto: cannonball big bell series, silver plated. vandoren AL3 with vandoren 3.5's or stock cannonball with jazz selects Soprano "maxtone", vandoren AL3 vandoren 3'sClarinet: 1950's buffet r13, vandoren b45, vandoren 3.5's
    flute: miyazawa 202, 9mz headjoint. piccolo: emerson boston legacy with keefe headjoint.

I wish I could find that much of a steal on the oboes! The price on the Loree is still expensive but quite a bit cheaper than wwbw (too bad I dont want a loree!)
    You're only as Vegan as your next choice

i might order a YAS-62IIS
    Last edited by HoustonHighSax; 01-24-2009 at 10:20 PM.

I was recently looking for a curved sop and i found a yani curved 901 new for only 2100 USD! I found it on another site for 300$

3000$ not 300

I couldn't find any cheap prices....the yamaha student altos were $1800 o-o am i missing something here?

I completed a deal with Dave @ "Junkdude" last fall. The price was great and the communication was prompt and accurate. I would not hesitate to deal with them again. Shipping to Canada was just as he described. The sax arrived in perfect condition and well set-up. He sells new saxes and has a nice variety of vintage horns. There is a 10M tenor on there that just keeps calling to me...
    Tenor: Saxart Creative Tenor Silverplate, Warburton LA 7*, ED Rovner lig.
    Alto: Selmer Mk VI, Barone Vintage, ED Rovner lig
    Soprano: Jupiter 947, Bari HR, ED Rovner lig

Quote Originally Posted by Souportwenty View Post
    I completed a deal with Dave @ "Junkdude" last fall. The price was great and the communication was prompt and accurate. I would not hesitate to deal with them again. Shipping to Canada was just as he described. The sax arrived in perfect condition and well set-up. He sells new saxes and has a nice variety of vintage horns. There is a 10M tenor on there that just keeps calling to me...
    Answer the call, WH :-)
    I wish Glenn Miller had lived and his music had died - Artie Shaw (as quoted by Pepper Adams)

$5537 for a Yamaha Custom Soprano - that's not a great price
    I wish Glenn Miller had lived and his music had died - Artie Shaw (as quoted by Pepper Adams)

Here's the soprano sax section of the price list from my local music store. I'm actually purchasing a yss-875ex after christmas. the price is a little better than the $5537. the prices on the left are list price, the price on the right is their price new. Every instrument I have bought from them, has been taken out of the original shipping box infront of me. If anyone would like there whole sax section price list and there website, send me an email.
    mh5027@hotmail.com

They have decent reed reed prices and are pretty reasonable on shipping also!

Soprano Saxes
    Winston Straight model 350GL, High F#, 2 Necks – Very good intonation…..…..$1095.00 $595.00
    Yamaha YSS 475 Straight model with High F# key……………………………………..…….$2944.00 $1525.00
    Yamaha YSS 675 professional model, 2 detachable necks………………………….……$4958.00 $2725.00
    Yamaha YSS 875EX Custom Model…………………………………………………………….…….$5457.00 $2975.00
    Selmer (Paris) 51 Series II W/ engraving…………………………………………………….…….$6430.00 $3829.00
    Selmer (Paris) 53 Series III High F# & G Keys, Two necks w/ engraving….……$7800.00 $4596.00
    Yanagisawa Curved Soprano Sax SC991…………………………………………………………..$5885.00 $2715.00
    Yes, everyone loves Sax onthe Floor
    *Yamaha YAS-62, Yamaha YTS-62, Yamaha YCL-450N, YFL-481H LP/GP
    *Yamaha Custom Soprano YSS-875 Non-EX