Sax on the Web Forum banner

High B

3K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  zorroperro 
#1 ·
What are some fingerings that you guys use for an altissimo B on tenor? Right now I use oox/ooo plus G# and palm D, or xxx/xxx.
The first one isn't very strong on my horn and the second has no flexibility. Any suggestions?

#11 ·
I use this fingering too, but for Alto, and...

Very good advice, indeed.

Also, it is important to understand that not all the altissimo has the same power. If you demand the same power for a D4 than for a B4 you will find out that the D4 if fingered with the Front Key and side Bb key opened is one of the most powerful altissimo notes. If what you are playing involes B4 then you have to moderate a little the power of that D4 or use other fingering, like the overblowing of high F#, F#3 this is (which for Alto works very well).

All the best,

JI

#4 ·
O.K. I relented try this one ( the art of saxophone playing has this as being 0 cents off):

octave key of course oox/xxo and the D palm key. The other 0 cents off fingering is what was given above. Keep in mind that different sax models will play different fingerings more easily or more easily and also how developed your embouchure is.

#5 ·
I have that chapter of the book somewhere around here. My biggest problem is just finding a better fingering for intonation and power/sound. The fingering i had cuts out once I want to really push. I'll try those fingerings out as soon as no one is asleep!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.