P Mauriat
Antigua Winds
Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: SOTW new member introductions Q1 2009

Default SOTW new member introductions Q1 2009

Hi, just joined the forum after looking up for info on Grassi saxes!
    I teach and perform on alto tenor and occasionally soprano, and work as a vocalist too. Cheers and happy new year!
    :

Happy New Year All,
    I recently started playing my Alto again and stumbled across the wonderful site. My daughter recently started playing the Oboe, which got me itching to play again. (30 year between my last attempt!)

Thanks for all the wonderful information.

Joel Lancaster, PA
    Last edited by kcp; 01-02-2009 at 11:09 PM. Reason: title corrected

Hello=]
    My Name is Kaitlin. I'm a first year saxophone player. I play the wonderfull Bari =D
    I can also play tenor, but I'm not as good wiht that. Lol.
    Before The Saxophone I was playing the guuitar in my school band. But I was asked to switch.

I find the saxophone to be alot more fun. I plan on Studying The saxophone and cello as my instruments when i go to university in about 4 years Haha.

I'm looking forward to meeting more advanced players and maybe getting tome good tips.=D

Take care everyone =D
    Last edited by kcp; 01-02-2009 at 11:10 PM. Reason: Title corrected

Distinguished Member and Forum Contributor 2008 saxmanglen's Avatar

Thumbs up SOTW new member introductions Q1 2009

The name says it all!

Welcome aboard!

Isn't having a smoking section in a restaurant like having a peeing section in a swimming pool?

http://www.facebook.com/UnfilteredJazz

http://www.youtube.com/user/saxmanglen

CraigH

Default Re: SOTW new member introductions Q1 2009

Hi everyone. My name is Craig Hietpas and I am a saxophonist and band director in Kimberly, Wisconsin. I've read many of the posts in this forum for the past year or so and I finally signed up. I'm happy and proud to be a member of the saxophone community.

Happy New Year!

Craig

Hi All, Tim Hampton here, After landing one of the coolest jobs I've ever had, I work for Music Medic (ya know, the place for Roo Pads!) I've gotten back into playing the Sax again after 20+ yrs. I've been practicing on an Alto that Curt has loaned me and just bought a Bundy ll alto of my own off Craigslist I'm waiting for my sister to bring it out to the coast where I'm currently at. Hopefully it's in decent shape but, then again, not to worry too much, as I work for the country's best repair shop! Greetings to all and looking foward to enjoying the Forums here.

Hi, name is Rob Taylor. I started a second career as a High School Music teacher, but didn't play any woodwinds. I picked up a sax to familiarize myself with the instrument and fell in love. I'm a new player but not a new musician, but still have a lot to learn. I look forward to talking to some of you and hopefully learn a great deal along the way.

Hello all. I've lurked this site for a long time and finally decided to join. happy new year!

Greetings,

Been a lurker for quite sometime, but decided I had better join. There are to many good threads to not take part in.

-Jason

Happy New Year to All
    After spending the last 35 to 40 years with no music in my life sent away and got an Alto. Thought it might be a good diversion. Last 4 years have been living and working in Iraq so thought it may be relaxing. First note and I am hooked.

Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2009 warp x's Avatar

Happy 2009 to you all and welcome to the forum!

Hi.
    Happy new year.

Hi, I'm Jacob Shulman, I have been playing for 2 years and I'm a freshman at the LA county high school for the arts (for jazz sax of course)
    Check out some of the other players at my school
    lachsamusic.org

Hey, my name is Derek Shell. I've been playing saxophone for 8 years, and I'm looking forward to starting college to be a Music Education major soon. I recently got a very nice Selmer Reference 54 alto saxophone, and I play it with a Selmer S80 mouthpiece. I'm looking forward to being a member and learning even more about the saxophone!

Wink Re: SOTW new member introductions Q1 2009

Hi, Shane here and looking to buy my first sax. Was interested in the Morphine thread and joined so I could add to it as I saw them play many years ago. I'm looking for a good 2nd hand tenor here in Melbourne then I should be on my way. Can't wait. Cheers all....

Hi All!

My name is David, i am 16 years old, and i come from Denmark, Scandinavia. I've been playing for about three and a half years, starting on alto saxophone. After getting to know the sax better, my band leader incouraged me to try the tenor saxophone, so now i am playing both alto and tenor! I've been told not to play both in many occasions, but thats what i feel i should do, and thats what im going for! In my opinion, i am becoming a more versatile saxophonist by playing both.

Since early summer 2008, i've been practicing multiple hours every day, in order to get as good as possible and hopefully make a living out of music. Teaching, playing or whatever .

At the moment i play in three big bands, a saxophone quartet, a band with some of my friends, and i attend lessons at the local music school. Also, i love jazz and love listening to it. Biggest idols are John Coltrane and Charlie Parker (of course?), but i listen to a lot of other great saxophonists too.

A quite long introduction... :/

Happy New Year!

Greetings from Denmark

West Monroe, Louisiana work/live weekdays in Baton Rouge

Recently pick up the horn again after letting 'life' get in the way for too long.

This past weekend, I recieved my Grandfather's old Buescher and began researching a bit to help identify it. That's how I came upon this place. I remember peeking in at some point a couple of years ago, but got busy with 'life', but now I'm back with a renewed interest plus a family heirloom that badly needs some TLC. More about it in an appropriate forum, yet to be located by me. :grin:

Hi,

I'm new and want to join and participate on this forum. I play tenor and try to learn doing some jazz.

Good day and happy new year ! ! !

Mau.

Hello, I am a new member!
    "The subject of reeds is a subjective one."- Wailin'

goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooold

Page 1 of 13 12345678910111213 LastLast