Sax on the Web Forum banner

dolnet

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  milandro 
#1 ·
Hello, sorry for my poor English, i'm bussy to overheaul a Dolnet serries 2 But.... there is not a Dolnet mark on it but "Solist " from D, Ansing The rest is exactly the same . Later one i will post some pictures.
What springs and pads are one yours ?

#2 ·
The Ansingh company from Zwolle made saxophones also under the name Ansonia, generally stencils or derived from German or Bohemian saxophones (as also Schenkelaars did, buying , distributing or assembling these types of saxophones) could have been buying saxophones from Dolnet too but I honestly doubt that, " solist" is the typical name of a Weltklang ,B&S model. However the only typical Dolnet feature is the guards, it they are angular , it is most probably a Dolnet. Springs are blue steel and original pads were red with metal reflectors on newer models.

In any case CHECK BEFORE OVERHAULING that it is not a high pitch instrument , they are very common in Holland and I have personally found 3 (and bought 1). The marching band in Holland used these HP horns until the late seventies!!! The give away is generally that they are very little played a Low pitch horn is longer than a high pitch one, so measure it for comparison with another alto or tenor if it appears to be smaller by 5-6 cm then it is not worth repadding and re sell it as a decoration horn or hang it on the wall!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.