- Started playing alto in second grade. Played variously alto, tenor, bari and soprano through high school and college. I particularly enjoyed playing in jazz bands and pit orchestras. I'm just getting back into playing after a very long layoff. Just for my personal enjoyment. But I wouldn't mind performing again, just amateur stuff would be nice.
- The tattered remains of the lovely New Jersey Shore.
- History, reading, experimenting with various setups trying to find that elusive "sound" on my horns.
- Work in a hardware store because there aren't many history jobs out there.
- My Instruments:
- Alto: Royal Artist, Bruno, NY (Beuscher Stencil) ca. 1922-1923
Royal Artist Bruno, NY (Conn Stencil) ca. 1922
Alexandre (Orsi Setncil?) ca. 1970's
Gretsch Commander ca. 1930
Frank Holton ca.1924
Tenor: Orpheum Deluxe
C-Melody: Frank Holton ca. 1926
Bari: Selmer Mark VI, ca. 1977
Mouthpieces: way too many to mention. But having a ton of fun seeing what works and what doesn't! (But starting to really like Rousseaus)
- BA in history. Almost a masters in History. PhD at the school of hard knocks.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 12-22-2013 09:40 PM
- Join Date