- Started playing alto in second grade. Played variously alto, tenor, bari and soprano through high school and college. I particularly enjoyed playing in jazz bands and pit orchestras. I'm just getting back into playing after a very long layoff. Just for my personal enjoyment. But I wouldn't mind performing again, just amateur stuff would be nice.
- The tattered remains of the lovely New Jersey Shore.
- History, reading, experimenting with various setups trying to find that elusive "sound" on my horns.
- Work in a hardware store because there aren't many history jobs out there.
- My Instruments:
I got my old school:
Royal Artist, Bruno, NY (Beuscher Stencil) ca. 1922-1923
Royal Artist Bruno, NY (Conn Stencil) ca. 1922
Gretsch Commander ca. 1930
Couturier (Grand Rapids Band Instrument Company-USA Line)
Frank Holton ca.1924
I got my cool French stencils:
Frank Holton Collegiate (Beaugnier Model 37 in disguise)
Vito Kenosha (Beugnier Model 37)
Vito Model 35 Semi-Rationale
I got a thing for Italian saxes:
Alexandre (Orsi Stencil?) ca. 1970's
Airflow (A. Rampone)
Croydon (A. Rampone)
Hallmark (Ditta Giglio)
And a CMC. Not sure who makes it. But it's built like a tank.
Tenor: Orpheum Deluxe
C-Melody: Frank Holton ca. 1926
Rudolph Wulitzer, silver plated
Bari: Selmer Mark VI, ca. 1977
Mouthpieces: Got a bad case of GAS so I have way too many to mention. But I'm having a ton of fun seeing what works and what doesn't!
- BA in history. Almost a masters in History. PhD at the school of hard knocks.
- Total Posts
- Posts Per Day
- Last Activity
- 08-15-2014 05:28 AM
- Join Date