There is no available content written by Jedi2427
  • Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

stormott77

Re: Overtone purpose?

I personally think that if you play with a flat tongue all the time you are making the sax a lot harder than it needs to be. You can manipulate the horn so much with the tongue positions. It really...

stormott77 Today, 04:23 PM Go to last post
    38Conn

Re: Middle School Jazz Band

I find the quality of the vandoren v16 hr pieces is so much better than Meyer/toto link these days, I find it very beneficial to get students off of the very soft reeds and into reeds with something...

38Conn Today, 04:18 PM Go to last post
    stormott77

Re: Overtone purpose?

Here is a little glimpse of practical use of overtones in your playing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grjWx8YeFok

One of the things I used to help me get the gliss was to play scales on my horn...

stormott77 Today, 04:14 PM Go to last post
    stormott77

Hip licks for saxophone

I bought the iPad app the other day and I'm very impressed. The licks range from easy to very hard. Greg also has a lot of YouTube videos that share ideas in how to get the most out of the app and...

stormott77 Today, 04:03 PM Go to last post
    Grumps

Re: Guardala mouthpieces . . . what I miss?

I still regret not buying a mint condition Guardala Studio tenor mouthpiece, still in its original tube, for like seven or eight hundred bucks some years ago. True, it was a very special mouthpiece...

Grumps Today, 03:45 PM Go to last post