• Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

jddartdds

Review: Conn Chu vs. The Martin Alto

Excellent review of two of my favorite vintage saxophones. Thanks! Go to last post

jddartdds 10-17-2014 01:41 AM
    Dermot

Review: Conn Chu vs. The Martin Alto

Loved that review thanks Go to last post

Dermot 10-12-2014 07:02 PM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

bruce bailey

Re: Conn C Melody: Any Pitfalls?

Yes that is the tuner which can be turned in or out to tune the horn rather than moving the mouthpiece on the cork. When working properly, they are good. That way you put the mouthpiece all of the...

bruce bailey Today, 05:07 AM Go to last post
    bruce bailey

Re: Brilhart Tonalin Mouthpiece

I find that the best one is a Tonalite which is the clear one. I have a 4* for tenor and it is .090" which is more open than the stats depict. Warm with an edge. Too expensive however and they tend...

bruce bailey Today, 05:02 AM Go to last post
    maddenma

Re: Is the action of baritones usually stiff?

Finishing your thought.... .... meaning that it takes more spring tension to close a bari key at the same rate that it does an alto key. It needs to be a little more stiffly sprung. However, as a...

maddenma Today, 04:59 AM Go to last post
    artfulD

Re: Would Jazz Today Be Different If...

Copies are in circulation. I borrowed one via interlibrary loan. Interesting read but saddening -- like Rackety's list.

artfulD Today, 04:54 AM Go to last post
    11:11

Re: powell Sonare SP - 500 Piccolo

At first I was going to ask myself "who is it that needs to take a cheap shot over country of manufacture" obviously making it an issue of racist or prejudice? Then I lrealized it was you and...

11:11 Today, 04:30 AM Go to last post