• Luke84

There is no available content written by Luke84
  • Amazon ad

• Recent Article Comments Widget

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

Grumps

Re: Newbie advice - how to play along with another sax player (just mess about in a scale??)

I had assumed your friend was also learning saxophone. But if the friend you're referring to in the initial post plays guitar, you have to realize that the guitar is a C instrument and your alto is...

Grumps Today, 06:09 PM Go to last post
    Dr G

Re: why are true tone tenors so inexpensive relative to Conns of the same era?

It is easy enough to believe that most people have never played a TT tenor in good playing condition. One should expect that a horn with 80+ year old pads may have some leaks.

That said, I have...

Dr G Today, 06:05 PM Go to last post
    aaronmoze

Who I want to be

You know those guys or gals that you can tell are good players just by looking at them. They almost have an aura about them. Not a stuck-up/pompous attitude. More like a "I'm here, and will play...

aaronmoze Today, 06:02 PM Go to last post
    Jazz Is All

Re: why are true tone tenors so inexpensive relative to Conns of the same era?

I've never even seen a TT tenor much less played one. But I sure do love my TT alto. If you can get one for $500 or less it would be worth getting it...assuming it doesn't need an overhaul....to find...

Jazz Is All Today, 06:02 PM Go to last post
    Captain Beeflat

Re: Dark, bright, warm, open.... What's the difference between these?

Are you saying that it all depends upon one's conception of a good sound?
    If so....you are, in my opinion, right.
    I like Gary Wiggins' sound during his "filthy, raspy & gritty period....but others...

Captain Beeflat Today, 05:59 PM Go to last post