• Recent Article Comments Widget

Harri Rautiainen

Lenny Pickett Releases Second Album as Leader

More sax albums from UMO:

... Go to last post

Harri Rautiainen 07-27-2015 11:49 AM
    TraneSpotter

Chuck Israels - "An Unpopular Perspective on Jazz Education"

Every one who can play has a slew of great players he/she has copied to death. It is a given. What... Go to last post

TraneSpotter 07-24-2015 05:20 PM
  • Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

soybean

Re: Questons about Baritone sax and Soprano sax?

My opinion, the bari is much easier to control and learn. The most difficult part is physically dealing with the weight and size of it. It blows easier than soprano and takes more air, but only a...

soybean Today, 09:51 AM Go to last post
    gary

Re: How do the different scales play a part in improvising

Also, in an overarching sense, scales change the color. Regarding the ii/V7/Is that saxpiecementions, you are just as likely to see only ii/V7s (no Is), so your tune is modulating but the tonic is...

gary Today, 09:50 AM Go to last post
    ollinman

Re: anyone in europe wants to trade their mark vi alto for a king super 20 alto 338k full pearls?

some more info on the horn (please see pics for details):

has been played professionally for the last years after being purchased from http://www.usa-vintage-saxophon.de for 3900€.
    i'm no expert...

ollinman Today, 09:47 AM Go to last post
    soybean

Re: How much do different necks really matter?

Depends. If you buy the same company's neck, the sound might change a lot or a little but the intonation shouldn't change. For example, Yamaha and yanagisawa both make different neck options for...

soybean Today, 09:42 AM Go to last post
    gary

Re: How much do different necks really matter?

I would suppose it depends on what combination of neck/horn you use. I had Ponzol alto and tenor necks; used the alto on a Selmer II and the tenor neck on a Selmer III and YAS 280Z. I would say that...

gary Today, 09:41 AM Go to last post
Site Meter VigLink badge