• Categories Widget (top-down)

• Recent Activity Widget

scargo

Beginners/Intermediates post your recordings here - 2014

Thread Starter: scargo

Well A-Train has passed the baton to me, so to start the new year, this month's pick is the aptly titled "You've Changed" by Bill Carey and Carl Fischer. It's in vol 3 of the real book, and there is a backing in iRealB for those whom want an early start. I will see about dots and backing's by the...

Last Post By: scargo 08-25-2014, 09:23 PM Go to last post
    10mfan

10mfan METAL Merlot and Robusto tenor mouthpieces are now READY!

Thread Starter: 10mfan

I am now officially taking orders for the metal Merlot and Robusto models!!!!! If you yearn for ORIGINAL design modern mouthpieces that don't feel, look, or sound like anyone elses mouthpieces--- here's your opportunity. I am ALL about carving my OWN path with original design...

Last Post By: JL Yesterday, 04:12 PM Go to last post
    John_Dikeman

Post a clip here, free jazz only!

Thread Starter: John_Dikeman

Hello everyone, On another thread I've been trading free jazz clips with Jason Dumars and it occurred to me it would be cool to open a thread for members clips of only free jazz, free improvisation, new music, avant-garde, generally wacky ****! There are a number of players on SOTW that are...

Last Post By: Skweek 08-26-2014, 12:57 PM Go to last post
    CashSax

Let's Be honest Here..wasn't as great as I thought

Thread Starter: CashSax

The recent flood of designer mouthpieces along with the inevitable accompanying gushing reviews from brand new "buyers" has me wondering if anyone is gonna 'fess up and let us know what you bought and how long before the shine went away, and why you sold it shortly thereafter.. The for sale...

Last Post By: Jazz Is All 08-26-2014, 09:15 AM Go to last post
    TommyD69

Kohlert Owners Club

Thread Starter: TommyD69

I stole this idea from the Selmer Mark VI forum page. I was originally going to make it just for "The Kohlert 57" model saxophones, but that just seemed to snooty. I do however, want the poll, and information limited to the ORIGINAL Kohlert (and Sons) saxophones made in Germany and/or what ever...

Last Post By: jaysne 08-25-2014, 11:24 PM Go to last post