• Categories Widget (top-down)

• Recent Articles

Neil Sharpe-

Consistent, High Levels Of Performance Under Pressure

A few years ago, I published a program on SOTW for stage fright and anxiety that has been downloaded nearly 40,000 times.

After publication, over the years, I received many questions about the emotional and psychological aspects of performing, especially why we can't perform consistently well every time, all the time.

The answer is "distractions".

Imagine a circle. When you compete and/or perform at your very best, the circle is 100 percent complete. However, when distractions get in your way (which includes "thinking", nerves, anxiety, and self-doubt), each distraction removes a slice of the circle until you are performing at only a fraction of your potential.

By far, the most serious distraction is that voice in your head that shows up at the worst possible time to comment on how you're doing, to worry about you making mistakes, wonder what people are thinking about you, and so on.

It doesn't have to be that way.

"Pressure Proof- Mental Training For Competition and Performance" is a program that can be accessed for free.

Categories: Education 
    Neil Sharpe 11-29-2015 05:30 PM Go to last post
  • Recent Activity Widget

Beginners/Intermediates post your recordings here - 2015

Thread Starter: mrpeebee

Time for a new and fresh Beginners & Intermediates (B&I) thread for 2015 (continuing from >the last B&I 2014 page<). This thread is for all Beginner and Intermediate players who would like to share their progress and recordings. Posting your stuff is great, but commenting and discussing on other...

Last Post By: datsaxman Today, 01:50 AM Go to last post

Merlin's Cruise ship gig thread

Thread Starter: Merlin

So, I'm in Messina, in a lovely little hotel overlooking the harbour. It's taken me close to 24 hours from the time I left Stratford to get here. Drive to YYZ, plane to Rome (if you can avoid Alitalia for international flights, do so, worst cabin video,and worst breakfast ever.) long layover in...

Last Post By: whaler Yesterday, 05:31 PM Go to last post

Mobile forum access (was Tapatalk)

Thread Starter: Nefertiti

I know the other thread was closed but my primary way of checking new threads and posts for the last couple years has been on my phone with Tapatalk. I go to my desktop to post long post and read more indepth but I check SOTW a lot on the run with Tapatalk. Is there anyway to turn it back on and...

Last Post By: DetroitDave Yesterday, 10:34 PM Go to last post
    blue82 coupe

Custom 82Z Club??

Thread Starter: blue82 coupe

Anyone up for starting The Custom 82Z Club?

Last Post By: jamiejazz Yesterday, 03:48 PM Go to last post

Venus Saxophones

Thread Starter: altoman

Does anyone have any experience with this saxophones. They are probably Taiwanese stencils and Selmer copies. I can't seem to find any information on them. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Venus-Quality-ALTO-SAX-Antique-Finish-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ7361311961QQcategoryZ624QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last Post By: Berry sax 11-28-2015, 09:31 PM Go to last post
  • Amazon ad

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

Re: Saxy Christmas Sweatshirt

At least it's a tenor! (For Dr. G)

Sidepipes Today, 02:01 AM Go to last post
    Mike T

Re: CONN tenor serial#235022 with norton screw in springs?...is that unique?

Hello again, Philip.

I didn't mean to say the tenors started being trannies at #250xxx, just that mine was 250xxx from 1932, and was a very early tranny, because the keywork is almost entirely...

Mike T Today, 02:00 AM Go to last post

Re: Keilwerth new king vs vintage Bueschers

I love my New King, but I have to agree the ergonomics are a bit challenging after 40 years of MkVI, MkVII and YTS62 playing, particularly the pinky table. I wouldn't sell mine though - I could never...

patmiller Today, 01:57 AM Go to last post

Re: Beginners/Intermediates post your recordings here - 2015

Alrighty then! Putting on the last bits...

datsaxman Today, 01:50 AM Go to last post

Re: Tenor pieces

Do you have photos of the Ted Klum piece?

longtonesordie Today, 01:36 AM Go to last post