• Categories Widget (top-down)

• Recent Activity Widget

Josh56,XXX

Rico Royal Metalite Fans!

Thread Starter: Josh56,XXX

Hey all, I had gotten curious about why the metalites had been discontinued so I decided to write someone at Rico with some questions. Suprisingly, I got a rather fast response from them. Here was there response: "Hello Joshua, Thanks for the email. I appreciate the feedback and have...

Last Post By: Jazz Is All 02-27-2015, 08:38 PM Go to last post
    ajcomputers

Whats your Alto Setup?

Thread Starter: ajcomputers

After seeing how popular this thread was in the Tenor section. Why don't we give it a shot here? My alto setup is as follows: Selmer Mark VI Alto Early Babbit Otto Link 6* mouthpiece Francois Louis "Ultimate" ligature and smart cap Runyon Palm Key Risers Vandoren or Rigotti Reeds Oleg...

Last Post By: Globoglobito Today, 02:20 AM Go to last post
    Bill Bryant

Yanagisawa owners club

Thread Starter: Bill Bryant

Welcome to the Yanagisawa owners club. Which Yanagisawa do you own, what mpc and reeds do you use with it, and what kind of playing do you enjoy? T991 tenor Yanagisawa 6 HR mpc or JJ HR* 6* Rico Select Jazz 2M filed demonstrating things in beginner and intermediate band classes, playing along...

Last Post By: Globoglobito Today, 02:16 AM Go to last post
    Helen

Selmer Mark VI Owners Club

Thread Starter: Helen

I did some searches, and I didn't come up with a thread like this, so I hope I'm not duplicating. :shock: OK boys and girls, so it's fess up time. Given all the Mark VI threads around, I thought it would be kind of fun to see how many of the 16,000+ SOTW members actually own one or more of the...

Last Post By: Charlie J Today, 04:53 AM Go to last post
    Sax Magic

Great Sellers with Whom to Deal!

Thread Starter: Sax Magic

I thought it might be a good idea to gather up a thread with all of the recommended sellers that folks have had the pleasure with whom to do business. These recommendations often come at the end of long threads and are not seen again. I'll start the ball rolling. I have had many transactions...

Last Post By: dtedsax 02-27-2015, 08:45 PM Go to last post
  • Fill in the blank (December 11)

Santa didn’t come to town? Now you know why!
    Comments 13 Comments
      kcp -
      Hey *hiccups* I never saw a talking reindeer before
      StanleySaxMan -
      Hey bud, you are a to drunk to fly tonight.
      Kahtra -
      'Hey, Ruddie! Hand me another*hic* miller, will ya?'
      SethG -
      yeah Rudee, I know how ya feel 'ol boy! I ain't gotta gig this Christmas either. Nobody believes is good 'ol entertainment anymore. Sad..... Everyone's GOT to have SUMPTIN to believe in so I believe I'll have another beer!
      VintageSaxGuy -
      Hey..hey...hey....it's not so bad buddy. I used to have....a Runyon..that was the same *burp* color!
      Alroquez -
      Hey! I "played" you on TV!
      scheinberg -
      Blow me!
      jrvinson45 -
      Ya know, sooner or later Santa's going to find out what makes your nose light up like that.
      Classax -
      So... That's how you get your nose to light up...!
      hakukani -
      I never knew antlers made good bottle openers. Show me again, just once more!
      hakukani -
      On the 'leventh day uv Xmas my love true, gave me a ....oh well, I fergit...
      Larry K -
      I wouldn't be out here if my G# hadn't stuck in the middle of the carol!
      SaxyOmega -
      Hey, I'm a mezzo-soprano. No one *hic* believes in me, either.
  • Amazon ad

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

Smithsfalls

Re: Brilhart Ebolin 3* alto refaced

$170.

Smithsfalls Today, 05:00 AM Go to last post
    Charlie J

Re: Selmer Mark VI Owners Club

I just rejoined the club. Sold an original laquer tenor 122XXX about 15 years ago.
    Now I'm enjoying a relaquered tenor 164XXX.

Charlie J Today, 04:53 AM Go to last post
    Rockplayer

Re: Beginners/Intermediates post your recordings here - 2015

Brendan, Jimmy and Peter - thanks for listening! This is a fun tune. Yeah Peter it's been way too long, need to participate more often! I'm going to give Black Orpheus a go in the main TOTM...

Rockplayer Today, 04:49 AM Go to last post
    maddenma

Re: New member looking for help on Selmer 1964 Sax Value

I'll give you $100 and save you the disposal fee.

Seriously, this is worth somewhere between 3 thousand bucks and $8k to 10k, maybe more, depending on the cosmetic condition of the instrument and...

maddenma Today, 04:44 AM Go to last post
    Dave Dolson

Re: Looking to get a darker tone on my Yanagisawa A991

Mouthpiece recommendations are usually an iffy thing because we are all different and chances are you won't like what I like, etc. However, several have posted over time about the Selmer Super...

Dave Dolson Today, 04:44 AM Go to last post
Site Meter