• Categories Widget (top-down)

• Recent Activity Widget

Beginners/Intermediates post your recordings here - 2015

Thread Starter: mrpeebee

Time for a new and fresh Beginners & Intermediates (B&I) thread for 2015 (continuing from >the last B&I 2014 page<). This thread is for all Beginner and Intermediate players who would like to share their progress and recordings. Posting your stuff is great, but commenting and discussing on other...

Last Post By: The A Train Yesterday, 05:38 PM Go to last post

Thread Starter: Nefertiti

I know the other thread was closed but my primary way of checking new threads and posts for the last couple years has been on my phone with Tapatalk. I go to my desktop to post long post and read more indepth but I check SOTW a lot on the run with Tapatalk. Is there anyway to turn it back on and...

Last Post By: jpap23 Today, 03:11 AM Go to last post

Venus Saxophones

Thread Starter: altoman

Does anyone have any experience with this saxophones. They are probably Taiwanese stencils and Selmer copies. I can't seem to find any information on them. http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Venus-Quality-ALTO-SAX-Antique-Finish-Brand-New_W0QQitemZ7361311961QQcategoryZ624QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last Post By: Berry sax Yesterday, 09:31 PM Go to last post

SOTW new member introductions July 2015-

Thread Starter: Bringingsaxyback

Hi, my name is Ben and I am a 16 year old high school student excited to learn more about saxophones! I'm not planning on becoming a professional sax player, but I certainly would like to continue playing the alto sax through college and perhaps beyond. I'm mainly looking for advice on what kind of...

Last Post By: Punjab 11-27-2015, 11:46 AM Go to last post

What's a good clarinet to start on?

Thread Starter: melvyng

Hello, I'm a sax player, these days mostly bari. I play with local big bands and would like to learn clarinet, so I can play big band parts and also try musical theatre. I don't know squat about clarinets. A friend suggested a beginner Yamaha model, anybody have some opinions for me? Mel

Last Post By: marc311283 11-27-2015, 10:42 PM Go to last post
  • New “Pro-one” saxophone promotional events are coming in December and January

Attachment 24300
    San Antonio, TX, November 30, 2010: Antigua new saxophone “Pro-one” will debut at Namm 2011. Before Namm, there are several promotional events to be hold to introduce Pro one to artists, teachers, musicians, enthusiasts, and dealers as well. Here is the events information:

- 12/07/2010 Vandoren Artist reception in New York, NY. - Introduce Pro One to Vandoren artists in attendance. Hosted by Vandoren in their New York studio.

- 12/08/2010 Otterbein University in Columbus, OH. - Introduce Pro One to local artists and teachers. Hosted by Buckeye Brass & Woodwinds.

- 12/11/1010 "Saxophone Day" annual event in Tustin, CA - In conjunction with: Ponzol Workshop, Steve Wilkerson Clinic & concert. LA musician's invited to attend - Hosted by Jim's Music.

- 12/15/2010 Midwest Clinic in Chicago, IL- Consumer show - showcasing Pro One and Vosi.

- 01/06/2011 to 01/08-2011 Jazz Education Network (JEN) Conference in New Orleans, Louisiana - Consumer show - Jazz focus - attended by educators, artists, students, enthusiasts. Showcasing Pro One. Peter Ponzol will be in the Pro One booth.

- 01/13/2011 to 01/16/2011 NAMM in Anaheim, CA - Dealer - Trade show - Showcasing Pro One and Vosi.

Please contact Kerry Klingborg at Antigua Winds for more information.

Facebook comments

• Amazon ad

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

Re: FS: Yamaha Custom 82-Z Alto saxophone unlacquered

Great playing horn at a very good price!
    Great seller to deal with!

jazzbo Today, 03:51 PM Go to last post

Re: The Anti-Saxophone, Band Musical Mentality. I don't get it.

Been there, done that! Can't even hear myself!

NissanVintageSax Today, 03:48 PM Go to last post

Re: Adjustment screws on a Selmer Mark VI

I have never seen anything like this on a Mark VI Alto...I'd like to see more photos but my initial impression is that the one in this photo was added later...

Tharruff Today, 03:48 PM Go to last post

Re: What does it take? (To reach that A!)

Just 2 and 3 left hand, Soprano through Bari, is what works best for me. And that's across brands and vintages! Right hand can be added, only if needed to aid in intonation. Its all soft pallet...

NissanVintageSax Today, 03:45 PM Go to last post

Re: What does it take? (To reach that A!)

Are you closing only 2 and 3 on the left hand? And are you closing 1 2 3 on the right hand while using the side of the right hand to open the middle side key? Plus the octave key of course.

Phil1 Today, 03:37 PM Go to last post
VigLink badge