• Fill in the blank

Just testing the article/blog thingy with a new cartoon - You guys (& gals) fill in the blank
    Comments 88 Comments
      Saxlicker -
      I'm a gigging sax, and a mouthpiece addict!I haven't put another one down my neck in 3 years. That's good right doc?You gotta help me stay on the wagon, the cravings are so bad.
      Rennie -
      So after all these sessions you tell me i need a repad!?
      Rittmeister -
      I just don't feel tuned in any more, ya know?
      nigel ftw -
      'I gift my wife new pearls only to find out that the two-toning bi**h is leaving me for a damn bassoon. Since then life has just been all flat for me'
      nigel ftw -
      'I try not to, but vibratos are ticklish'
      brasscane -
      I used to think I was sharp but lately I have been feeling flat. Whenever I try to express my emotions, all that comes out is a gurgle. Seems like there's some part of me that's frozen.
      stradivarius151 -
      So my voice changed recently, doc. I just can't get used to it, you know? It's not that I just hit puberty, I just got a new mouthpiece...
      CarlHeanerd -
      I... I just don't know anymore doc, I just can't resonate the way I used to.
      GAS_Wyo -
      I'm beginning to think he doesn't love me anymore...after a gig when I'm all hot and wet, he just puts me in my case and goes to the bar for a beer!
      Face Ache Mike -
      You misunderstand Doc, I meant I like to dress up for sEx......
      edwin -
      ""
      edwin -
      ..well that didn't work out quite the way I intended. My efforts to edit it didn't work out either.
      Was meant to be (as best I can manage with the notes available) the first few bars of "I ain't got nobody (and nobody cares for me)"
      Never mind.
      cromerblues -
      I was going to take up stripping, you know......shrill here, blow job there, necking, plenty of low notes.........but then someone asked me if I knew how to put everything back if it went wrong!
      cromerblues -
      Anyone know how to play "slow boat from China" ?
      cromerblues -
      I keep having bad dreams, all my pads are falling out, what does it mean?
      cromerblues -
      For the past year I have been drinking heavily, so much so I went to the doc to find out why. He examined me closely and proclaimed "it really is quite simple, have you looked at yourself in the mirror?" I did, written across my middle the word "Boosey" !!
      ranran4 -
      So Doc, I just found out when I was adopted, that my family had me laquered. When I was born I was bare brass. I'm really not sure what to feel about this...
      BrianMitchellBrody -
      so Doc...I had this dream last night. I was in an elevator with Kenny G, Michael Bolton and gun with only one bullet..........
      trebek59 -
      I've changed pads, but it still hasn't stopped the late-night leakage... Ever since Otto, I can't wear a rubber, it just doesn't feel the same...
      BrianMitchellBrody -
      Quote Originally Posted by modman View Post
      so Doc...I had this dream last night. I was in an elevator with Kenny G, Michael Bolton and gun with only one bullet..........
      ...so I shot myself.
  • Amazon ad

• Google ad

• SheetMusicPlus

• Recent Forum Posts

Redbeard

Re: My new puppy hates my SOP playing.

Totally! Our two cats flee from any sax (especially soprano), but the bigger male dog (about 85 lb) will sing along with either tenor or bari. Both dogs
    will come to the room where I am practicing...

Redbeard Today, 04:36 AM Go to last post
    Redbeard

Re: Aftermarket front F key

Are there any decent alternatives for an aftermarket front -F for non-Selmer sopranos? The double pad used on the Mark VI is not that common, and the Oleg type is not applicable to most vintage...

Redbeard Today, 04:26 AM Go to last post
    dansaxman

Repairing Old Sax vs getting new one?

So I have been wanting to start playing my saxophone again for a couple months now. The saxophone I have is a Yamaha, and is over 20 years old. I took it to a music store to get a repair estimate...

dansaxman Today, 04:24 AM Go to last post
    Redbeard

Re: Future value of soprano saxophones

Have Ferrari build you a custom sax -- it won't play worth ****, but it will look good and appreciate in value, even beyond the astronomical initial price.
    Or buy a good used horn with a recent...

Redbeard Today, 04:19 AM Go to last post
    Redbeard

Re: soprano neck style

Curved and straight neck styles? Buy what suits best ergonomically. But IMHO, one piece is better (below). I thought that I would prefer
    a curved neck "straight soprano" or even a curved soprano,...

Redbeard Today, 04:12 AM Go to last post