Sax on the Web Forum banner

Recording with Mic in Logic

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  greyteque 
#1 ·
Hi,
I'm hoping someone here can help me. I am trying to figure out how to set configure to record with a mic. I've been searching for a long time on the internet but cannot find anything that answers my question.

I am on a Mac, using Logic 7.2 (express) and I have a M-Audio pre-usb pream hooked up to my computer and an AKG microphone hooked to that. The computer and Logic recognize the M-Audio preamp. I just simply need to know how to get it to record.

Sorry for such a basic newbie question.

Any advice or help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

#4 ·
You have to set the input on the rack you are recording to, to the M Box. You can also go to sys pref/audio, and select the m box. Talk in the mic and see if you see level. then you'll know if it's getting to the computer.

Logic 7 is not very "logical" when it come to setting inputs and output. Just be sure that the audio in on the track is the m box and that you have it record enabled (that's the little red button on the track) Logic Studio (or pro 8) is much easier. You may want to do the upgrade.

#5 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.