PDA

View Full Version : FS: SELMER MARK VI TENOR SAXOPHONE 1966, SERIAL #134xxx

Teatree
12-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Pre-owned, vintage 1966 Mark VI Selmer Tenor Saxophone, in Selmer Case. SERIAL #134xxx

$6250
Chicago, IL

Saxophone owned by professional musician in Chicago. Much of the original lacquer has worn away; which to some (myself included) feel it provides a more robust and centered sound. When I bought the horn, it had one minor dent around the back side of the low B tone hole that had been repaired. Other than that, no dents or dings. Horn can very much be played in present condition. Last repad was in 1999, but it hasn't been played much since then. Neck included. Serial number on neck matches serial number on the horn’s body.

This instrument is a rare find – Many people feel that this saxophone delivers it’s incredible sound, depth, and range, because of the absence of restricting lacquer. Exemplary intonation.

History:
I bought this horn without a case. The case that I used (and am selling with), is an original Selmer Case which previously housed a Mark VII Tenor. This horn fits perfectly in the case. One of the handles has been replaced, and the spring loaded latches lock, but don't spring open. Normal wear & tear on the case.

When I purchased the horn, it had a “Varitone” microphone pickup in the neck. I chose to remove it, and had a sealed patch properly soldered in its place.

I have many photos. If you'd like to see them, just send me a message. Thanks!